Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Final: Reflective Post

Second time's the charm, right? I finished relatively strong this time around, and I can say that I have learned much more than I thought I would. The last time I took this course, the blog posts overwhelmed me. I found a way to have fun with those this time, and to even do the extra credit blogs...who am I?!

What I loved most about this class was that I was "forced" to read into the text enough to reflect through these blog posts. I wasn't just writing word for word from the textbook, but instead forming an opinion and looking back on my personal experiences. As a student in the technology era, I see new advances everyday and learn to use them as a way to update my own understandings. I never think about the "one day" when my student's technology knowledge supersedes mine. There will be a time that I will need an instruction manual, or need to ask my kids where the heck the power button is!

Thanks to this course, I found many new useful websites to use. My personal favorite is Piktochart because it totally outdoes PowerPoint. The graphics are clean, it's user friendly, and I'm sure there are many different ways to use it. For my preferred age group of middle school students, this program would come in handy. It is something I would be able to teach them and hopefully they would use it for years to come.


Overall, I’m glad I finished up my undergraduate degree with this class. I learned a lot and will be able to take these new technological advances with me! The only critique I have for this course is sometimes the description of assignments (mostly discussions) is too wordy and I find it hard to understand what the assignment actually is. To wrap this last post up, here's a (you guessed it) piktochart!




References

Novak, B (2016, Dec 7) Tech created with Piktochart https://magic.piktochart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment